Corporate Furniture Installer $15.00 per hour (Multiple Openings) Seattle, WA
At this company, their Furniture Installers have a variety of responsibilities, including the receiving, delivery, and installation of furniture at corporate client sites around the Seattle-Tacoma Metro Area. As a final point of contact for the client, our Furniture Installers must excel at providing the highest level of client satisfaction. The furniture installer teams are the face of our company and most crucial to our business.
* Perform receiving, delivery, installation, disassembly, reassembly, and moving of office systems furniture * Understand proper loading, packing, and unloading of delivery trucks
* Installation of wall attachments such as white boards, wall channels, and brackets * Maintain high quality client experience with a variety of people
* Adhere to departmental procedures, policies, and standards of conduct while off-site
* Accurately complete and submit required paperwork such as timesheets, merchandise return forms, delivery tickets, change orders, and punch lists in a timely manner
* Recommend solutions to improvise and redesign on job site, or customize in order to get the job completed * Provide backup assistance for all warehouse duties upon occasion
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – REQUIRED
* Quick to learn furniture design and construction for a variety of product lines * Solid communication and customer service skills
* Ability to follow instructions and adhere to departmental and company policies and procedures
* Meet established guidelines and take direction from supervisors, leads, and project managers * Mindfulness about safety in the work environment
* Basic understanding of manual and power hand tools
* Valid driver’s license in the state of Washington
* Flexible with work schedule and locations; may be dispatched directly to single or multiple client sites each day
* Reliable transportation to warehouses or client sites through the Seattle-Tacoma Metro Area
* Previous furniture installation, construction, moving, manufacturing, engineering, or other related experience
* Experience with and understanding of blue prints, elevations, typicals, and specifications * Ability to drive company vehicles, including up to 24-foot box trucks * Ownership of basic tool set
* Previous experience with Steelcase products
* People or installation site management experience
* Refurbishment, upholstery, or furniture painting experience * OSHA or other related safety training
EDUCATION, TRAINING, OR CERTIFICATIONS
* High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
Work is normally performed in warehouse and various client environments and requires travel to construction sites. Heavy physical activity required. This position will routinely have to move and lift up to 75 pounds and on an occasional basis lift up to 100 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
SALARY & BENEFITS
$15+ per hour.
15 days accrued time off. This is accrued through 120 hours paid time off. Additionally there are 9 Paid Holidays
Our client is looking to hire military veterans and military spouses for these positions. To apply, veterans and military spouses please send tailored resume to John Engstrom, Vice President, Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Vice President, Talent Acquisition
Fair Winds Recruiting
Please join me on LinkedIn