Anyone who is interested and QUALIFIED can email their resume to email@example.com
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Social Worker in the Community Integration Program works as part of a multi-disciplinary team serving clients in the community. S/he will provide transitional support and case management services to participants enrolled in the Community Integration Program, which would include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
* * * * *Conduct intake, needs assessments for program participants and develop clearly written individualized service plans.
* * * * *Provide case management services which include but are not limited to the following activities: providing appropriate resources, tools, and counseling to assist participants in achieving their case plan goals; making referrals for services and following up to ensure that the referrals were completed; and tracking and documenting participant progress.
* * * * *Work collaboratively with housing relocation specialist to assist participants as needed while they prepare to move into permanent housing. Such assistance may include accessing move-in assistance, coordinating donated furnishings and other basic household items.
* * * * *Work collaboratively with vocational specialist to assist participants in accessing employment and training opportunities.
* * * * *Deliver home-based case management services to participants once they move into permanent housing.
* * * * *Document and maintain up-to-date information on services provided to clients in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
* * * * *Participate in weekly case management meetings and attend staff trainings as required. * * * * *Prepare and submit case and program reports as needed.
* * * * *May transport/accompany clients to appointments and self-help activities as needed * * * * *Provides crisis intervention as needed
* * * * *Attend regular staff meetings and trainings when assigned by the Program Manager * * * * *Rotates with the multi-disciplinary team for on-call duties
* * * * *Adopts an “whatever-it-takes” approach in assisting clients to retain housing and independent living * * * * *Other duties as assigned
Most of the direct service work is performed in the community (e.g., clients’ homes) and not at Haven. Thus, the Social Worker must have the ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis, the ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead; ability to operate computer, fax and telephone; and the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
* * * * *A criminal background check is required with certification for Protect the Mission policies and procedures. * * * * *Must pass TSA driving test and Motor Vehicle Record check. * * * * *Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field * * * * *Master’s Degree in Social Work or other relevant area preferred * * * * *Excellent communication skills.
* * * * *Must obtain First Aid/CPR certification in first 90 days of employment. * * * * *Must pass health screening.
* * * * *Must receive TB testing twice yearly.
* * * * *A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
* * * * *At least 18 months experience working with veterans and/or homeless people who have mental illness and/or substance use issues. Applicants who do not meet minimum qualifications need not apply.
* * * * *Commitment to the holistic mission of The Salvation Army and the Haven. * * * * *Able to represent the Salvation Army to community organizations. * * * * *Commitment to working with disabled veterans
* * * * *Veteran status a plus.
* * * * *Ability to work well with others and committed to the vision that the Haven be a program of excellence
The Salvation Army Haven
11301 Wilshire Boulevard, Building #212, Los Angeles, CA 90073
O: 310.478.3711 Ext.44678 | F:310.914.1732 http://www.salvationarmy-socal.org
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Become a Salvation Army Insider !